Breast Cancer Awareness
9 Great Activities for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
October is always an exciting month but it’s not just about Halloween, pumpkin lattes, or leaves changing colors. October is also about Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The entire month is dedicated to promoting better understanding of this terrible disease that will affect 1 in 8 American women over their lifetime, as well as to breast cancer early detection. It’s an ideal time to encourage women to follow easy, yet important steps towards prevention. Positive Promotions has compiled 9 great breast cancer activities that you and your friends can do together to deliver on the goals of recognizing breast cancer risks and supporting awareness. Join us and fight against breast cancer.
How to be Active During Breast Cancer Awareness Month
• Go on a walk: Organize or join a Breast Cancer walk and gift your team matching water bottles to stay hydrated.
• Dedicate a day of pink: Set aside at least one day where everyone can show their support by wearing pink at work.
• Organize a contest for the best way to wear pink: Offer breast cancer awareness apparel awards to the most creatively pink person.
Shop our Breast Cancer Awareness Collection
• Mammography Day: Select a day where you learn the basics of breast cancer prevention and detection. Show instructional videos, give out pamphlets, and provide other helpful materials. Check out our very own Breast Self-Exam Punch Out Shower Card for a way to help educate women in your sphere.
• Pink food: Provide a smorgasbord of proudly pink snacks! Cakes, watermelon, grapefruit, smoothies, and peppermint candies are just a few suggestions. Get creative!
• Boost Breast Cancer Awareness through social media: See how many pictures and breast cancer information facts you can share on multiple social media platforms. Turn it into a competition to achieve maximum exposure!
• Friend’s Night In: Calculate the cost of a night out with dinner and drinks with your freinds, then substitute it with a potluck and movie in. Use the money that would have been spent towards a generous donation for breast cancer research.
• Show some love: Some one near and dear to us here at Mhodge Group was recently diagnosed with Breast Cancer. It is sometime difficult to understand the struggles of other unless you are walking in the same light and we want everyone who is struggling with this disease to know Mhodge Group loves and supports you. If any of you know someone who has been affected by this disease, don’t hesitate to shower them with extra support and appreciation through gift baskets or donations.